When: 1pm on Monday, June 19, 2023, at Kay’s home
Who: Kay and Karl and Sandra (and Lady, Kay’s sweet German Shepherd)
– As a new committee, we defined our role (from an Oxford Dictionary definition) as follows:
- Lists and decides on the priorities or order of business of an organization and manages the general course of its operations.
- Provides support, guidance and oversight of progress.
- Members of this committee do not usually work on the project themselves. Generally, the Project Manager, and other members of the Project Team, actually do the work implementing the project.
* Karl will write a job description for a Clerk for the society, including directions for how-to-file federal and state documents.
* Sandra agreed to take over FaceBook and Website updates.
* Kay will send Karl the latest HSminutes and list of email addresses.
– We began a list of current projects — those we know about — and hope to work further on this list as we learn more:
– Painting walls and ceilings inside the Historical Society Museum (HSM0 building. Project led by Building Committee members including Brian and Linda Langevin, GerhardtF, and Gerry Garriepy.– Keeping the HSM open.– Programs. Carole Gariepy and Jane French.– New HSM building addition. Building Committee.– Bathroom. Building Committee.– Collections. Led by Jane French, Curator.
* Karl introduced the idea of exploring Digital Commonwealth (https://www.
digitalcommonwealth.org/) to see if they might offer help with scanning documents.
* We agreed to meet again at 1pm on Monday, July 10 by Zoom (link to follow) to discuss our action items and next steps.
Respectfully submitted, Sandy