Greetings. Here’s my notes from our meeting this week. If you have additions or corrections, please reply to us all. Thanks, Sandy
When: Monday 1pm on July 10 by Zoom
Who: Karl, Kay, Jane, and Sandy
Our curator, Jane French, joined us by zoom to help us list current projects. Jane is working on the following projects with our Historian, Terri Johnson.
Projects for Collections and History include:
– Updating Cemetery information, including pictures, names, and dates. The information is kept at the museum in books (with 3 ring binders) — one book for each cemetery in Phillipston.
– Locating homes for original settlers.
Jane reports that the museum is being prepared for indoor painting of walls and ceiling, so cannot open to the public during 2023. Painters are due to begin painting the ceiling at the end of July; collections are covered in plastic. Jane agreed to meet Sandra and Karl so we can take pictures of the inside of the museum.
Jane suggested possibilities for future projects:
– Share your story
– Summer Newsletter
Thank you, Jane and Terrie, for your good work!
We discussed possibly joining other societies for help with our collections and for support.
– Templeton (https://narragansetthistoricalsociety.org/ – Brian Tanguay always offers help) including local history at our doorstep.
– Massachusetts Historical Alliance (https://masshistoryalliance.org/) including public history support.
– Digital Commonwealth (https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/) including free digitization services.
We agreed to offer a program for our historical society to highlight these other societies.
Action items in progress:
* Karl will check the Mass Registry of Deeds for information about homes for original settlers.
* Sandra will post pictures of the museum collections covered in plastic and waiting for paint.
* Karl will invite Brian Langevin from the Historical Society’s building committee to help us list their projects.
– Kay: When the nomination committee identifies a clerk, notify Karl so he can document how-to-file our organizational information with the secretary of state.
Action Items completed last month:
– Karl wrote a job description for a Clerk for the society, and wrote directions for how-to-file federal and state documents.
– Sandra took over FaceBook and Website updates.
– Kay sent Karl the latest HSminutes and list of email addresses.
Our current list of projects includes:
– Update cemetery information, including pictures, names, and dates. The information is kept at the museum in books (with 3 ring binders) — one book for each cemetery in Phillipston. (Curator and Historian)
– Locate homes for original settlers. (Curator and Historian)
– Paint the inside walls and ceilings of the museum. (Building Committee)
– Next meeting, 1pm on Monday August 14 by zoom.