Draft from 2009
- Receives all monies and issues a receipt for same
- Makes deposits to the bank
- Pays all approved bills and reimbursement requests
- Balances the checkbook on a monthly basis
- Keeps accurate records of all monies coming in and going out in order to produce an accurate balance sheet on a monthly basis, and,
- Keeps an ongoing record of the income received from book sales.
- Creates a monthly report of current balances of income and expenses, and presents this monthly report at the monthly Society meetings
- Keeps copies of bills paid, bank statements, financial reports, etc.
- Monitors balance in the savings account at least monthly
- Creates an annual report as a balance sheet
- Completes, or assists the accountant in completing, annual federal and state tax returns; Provides necessary documents for tax returns to the accountant
- Participates in Board of Directors meetings
Assistant Treasurer Job Duties
Acts as, and fulfills the duties of, the Treasure in his/her absence